y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: There's Nothing Wrong With Smoking Marijuana.........People Should Listen To The Message - Jesse Jagz.

Wednesday 22 January 2014

There's Nothing Wrong With Smoking Marijuana.........People Should Listen To The Message - Jesse Jagz.

MI Abaga's brother and former chocolate city artiste, Award winning singer , producer, Jesse Jagz gave an in-dept interview to PM News reporter. And was asked on the age old question on his thoughts on weed smoking......the musician has often been asked this question because he has been seen smoking the dreaded MJ even to the extent of his friends trying to stage an intervention. He is a good artiste but there have been concerns that the drug makes him tardy, rude and unproductive. Read his interview.

Don’t you think people will see it as promotion of weed?
I do not see anything wrong with weed; just the same way I do not see anything wrong with money or women. I just think anything done in excess is bad. To those who smoke, some condemn the area boys (social miscreants) and see them as smokers, though certain steps and experiences may have led them there. So who am I to judge anyone? If I was born on the streets of Lagos, probably I would have been an area boy too. None of us is better than the other. That is life. Yes, I have spoken about marijuana in my music. However, every other artiste have made allusion to marijuana in more demeaning and derogatory ways than I have. Others have sang ‘Give me the lighter; pass me the ganja’ but my own message is not about that. People should listen to the message in my music not the marijuana. If you really listen to the truth in my music, you will not have a problem with the marijuana in my music. I am not promoting or condemning people who use it but I guess everybody wants to evade the truth that I talk about in my song.
So, do you smoke weed?
I have stopped answering this particular question because I do not want to take it personal.
But smoking cannabis is illegal and you do this in a recorded video!
Like I said earlier, I knew that I was going to offend some people with the smoke scene. I have not done anything illegal. My management and I sat down to push this image graphically irrespective of what people were going to say about the music and the image. Talk about someone sitting on the fence. He needs help sha. PM News.

No comments:

Post a Comment