y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: Question Of The Day?

Thursday 23 January 2014

Question Of The Day?




Hi all,
I need advice on what to do regarding a landed property I send money to my father in-law to purchase for me. Here is the story - Somtime in 2011, my father in law told me about a land for sale in Owerri, Imo State and asked me to send money for him to buy the land for me. I wired the money to him through my bank. A year later I traveled to Nigeria and I asked him to to show me the landed property.
He showed me the landed property and I took many pictures of it. But when I asked him to provide me the documents of the land purchase, he asked me to come back another day. He defered this close to a week with unverified excuses. When he finally gave me the power of attorney document, I then discovered that he purchased the landed property in his name and not in my name. When I asked him why, he told me that there was an ongoing dispute on the land and other lands in that area, and he doesn't want to travel from the US to battle it. Recently, I sent my lawyer with a letter of instruction to have him perfect the land in my name. To my surprise, he told my lawyer that the property is not open for discussion and it's a closed chapter. I trusted this man 100% because I am married to his daughter whom I brought to the US. We are having problems in our marriage due to the strong control of my father-in-law on her. She is on their side on this issue. Fellas, I don't want to go to any extreme and I don't know what to do. Any advice on how I can handle this matter would be highly appreciated. I saved this money for over five years working tow jobs to buy this property,and now somebody wants to deny me of what properly belong to me. Please help!
Kind regards.
Please what do you all think he should do/ His marriage is in turmoil? His father in law is trying to claim what isnt his? I wonder if he kept receipts and money transfer documents? Please share your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment