y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: Poisonous Gas Knocks Out 13 Students In Secondary School In Lagos

Friday, 7 March 2014

Poisonous Gas Knocks Out 13 Students In Secondary School In Lagos

One of the students
There was panic at Ogba Junior Grammar School, Ogba area of Lagos, Western Nigeria on Thursday as 13 students suddenly fainted after inhaling gaseous emission from at the school premises.
A similar incident occurred in the same school in November, 2013 when 25 students became unconscious after inhaling the gaseous substance, which the Lagos State Government has not been able to unravel.
It occurred around 1.00 p.m as students in one of the classes were suddenly overwhelmed with gaseous odour and started collapsing one after the other until 13 students fainted. The students, admitted at the Surgical Emergency Ward, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, were responding to treatment except one that remained in critical condition.Other students fled the class to avert being affected as pandemonium sets in with students, teachers and others in the school asked to vacate the premises immediately and the school shut down.

The gaseous substance emanated from the administrative block of the school sharing the same fence with the Ogba Shopping Mall, which housed several small scale companies, shops and a new generation bank.
PM News.

No comments:

Post a Comment