y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: Your Child And Sex, 8-12 Years - Praise Fowowe

Saturday 15 February 2014

Your Child And Sex, 8-12 Years - Praise Fowowe

‎LoveBird’s Daily Devotional with Praise Fowowe © 2013
Your Child and Sex 30–LIFE IS GOOD (8-12years)
Sir, this is to thank you for a job well done because many parents neglect their children and many have suffered without their parents knowing. I can’t remember my dad being proud of anything I did as well as my mum but I can remember our driver who would cuddle me and buy me things asking me not to show them. I felt hated because of comparison with my cousins and tried to live up to her standards to no avail.
I couldn’t classify what he did for a long time as sexual abuse or rape but I followed every instructions he gave me. He did everything subtly as if he was harmless but at age 12 I had lost my virginity. My parents trusted him because he must have been about 40years and that strengthened what he was doing. It went on for 3years before peer pressure made me give in to a university student who used and dumped me after 4 abortions. The concept of love is not something I subscribe to cos I don’t believe it exist but I want to prevent the younger generation from going through what I went through-
Shayo.
  Well I have tried to educate Shayo about love and given her a different perspective however one thing sexual abuse takes away from people is their self esteem and it destroys their psyche such that they begin to interpret everything based on their experience in the hands of the predator. If a child is brought up in an atmosphere of forgiveness his esteem will be fine but if he is often accused and reminded of what and how he did 2years ago or last month it would affect his esteem. We often forget that true love doesn’t keep a record of wrongs. Each time you accuse a child you push him/her into d hands of the sex predator. How have you contributed to your child’s low self esteem?
To be continued
I honour you.
Order Basic Sexuality education kit and superkidz  call kike 08022958110 0r visit sexandfamilycenter.org/superkidz
Praise Fowowe
Twitter - @praisefowowe
Email - praisefowowe@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment