y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: Meet The 70-Year-Old Body Builder Whose Abs Put Men Half His Age To Shame.

Saturday 15 February 2014

Meet The 70-Year-Old Body Builder Whose Abs Put Men Half His Age To Shame.

                                       Iron-pumping pensioner: Sam 'Sonny' Bryant, Jr. says he's only as old as he feels. Feel him and you'll never guess his age
                                       Is this the body of a 70-year-old? Sonny started bodybuilding when he was 44 years old
Sam 'Sonny' Bryant says he's as old as he feels. Feel him, though, and you'll never guess his age.
That's because the iron-pumping pensioner has pecks that men half his age would only dream of. His biceps are bulging and his legs are like logs of oak.
And the only pills he takes are his vitamins. At 70 years old, Sonny is a champion bodybuilder from Georgia ... and he has no plans of hanging up his singlet just yet. 'People ask me when I'm going to retire,' he says. 'I say "never". More people die retired than people do working. I love to work, I love to work out.
                                Let off steam: He started out 27 years ago when going to the gym seemed the perfect way to let off steam when his marriage began to fall apart
I've been doing this for 27 years. He started out aged 44 when going to the gym seemed the perfect way to let off steam when his second marriage began to fall apart. He says he'd never lifted a weight before in his life but soon got the knack and entered his first competition just 11 months later in Columbus, Georgia.
                               'I'm like a crack addict': He says he'd never lifted a weight before in his life but soon got the knack and became hooked instantly
'People say it's age that makes you old, but I believe it's your state of mind that makes you old. Age is just a number. 'It gives most people a reason to be lazy and not do anything. I meet a lot of people who say, "wait til I get to that age". 'Then I tell them how old I am and they are embarrassed. And I tell them that to make a point - it's inactivity and their state of mind that makes them old. DM.

No comments:

Post a Comment