Wednesday, 26 March 2014
SAD NEWS- One Month Old Baby Burnt To Death In Bauchi State.
Edmond Chukwu a trader and his wife went to church that fateful day leaving the infant and three of their children in the care of one Suzan, a relative. In his own account of the incident, Edmond, a father of six, said that at the time of rescuing the children, the neighbours did not know the baby was in the room sleeping.
The fire started at about 7: 45 pm on Monday in Edmond’s apartment where three little children were playing with a candle. According to a neighbour, Aminu Micah, Edmond’s children were rescued, but nobody told the team of rescuers that there was a baby in the room.
“It was a painful to discover that a baby was burnt to death in the room. The baby could have been saved. I brought out two children alive and one woman assisted me to bring the third child out, but I did not know there was a baby inside”. If PHCN provided had provide sufficient power supply this wont have happened.....Rest In Peace little one. OD.