y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: Your Child And Sex (8-12 Years) - Praise Fowowe

Saturday 22 February 2014

Your Child And Sex (8-12 Years) - Praise Fowowe

LoveBird’s Daily Devotional with Praise Fowowe © 2013
Your Child and Sex 35–LIFE IS GOOD(8-12years)
Praise,
God bless you for this amazing work you are doing. I think a lot of adults are yet to overcome their self-esteem problems and that has affected their relationships and every other thing. I am a witness and I have to work on myself b4 my children because i just realized I have been a nagging wife and mother because I am yet to fully heal from my past abuse. My step brother would sneak into my room and finger me when I was 9 and do all sorts of things.
He threatened to kill me if I told anyone and sometimes he would invite his friends and they would watch blue film and practice what they saw on me. I was miserable and became an angry child till my teenage years. I found myself in all sorts of abusive relationships becos of my quest to be accepted and that killed me further. I am married and have blamed my spouse for everything in our marriage until i started reading your piece. My children would definitely not have to go through what i went through cos my 5year old is so much in love with the songs in your sex education kit but i need fixing
.(Yosola – Abuja).
Verbal abuse or emotional detachment of parents steps down a child for sexual abuse and which takes away his/her esteem. Some of the effects of low self esteem includes the following:
 Anxiety, loneliness and depression, It affects friendships and relationships negatively, It leads to underachievement, It makes the person susceptible to drugs and alcohol, Impairs job and academic performance, Makes the person live with ‘I can’t’ lifestyle, Leads to further  vulnerability and abuse.
 if you or your child is manifesting any of the above then you need to start working on cultivating a positive esteem.
To be continued
I honour you.
Order Basic Sexuality education kit and superkidz  call kike 08022958110 0r visit sexandfamilycenter.org/superkidz
Praise Fowowe
Twitter - @praisefowowe
Email - praisefowowe@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment