y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: Hit And Run Victim Has His ATM Card Stolen From Him And Left To Die.

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hit And Run Victim Has His ATM Card Stolen From Him And Left To Die.

Oluwayemi Oguntimehin
A young man, identified as Oluwayemi Oguntimehin, was on Tuesday killed after he was crushed by a hit-and-run driver  along the Mafoluku/Ibadan Express-way, Lagos. The incident was said to have occurred around 7am. They said the deceased would have survived the accident if he had been taken to a hospital immediately. Oguntimehin was said to have suffered head injuries and fractured limbs in the accident. Olabode said, “It was around 7am when I was going to my office.
I just saw that the guy, while trying to cross the expressway, was hit by the car. “I quickly rushed there and with the support of some other people, we carried him to the Mafoluku/Gbagada bus stop. “I saw that he was still alive but all the vehicles we tried to flag down to help us take him to the Gbagada General Hospital refused to stop, including a Lagos State Emergency bus.” Olabode, who works with a fast food company, added that a tricycle however stopped, but because there were not enough people to support, the victim was left to die. He said he handed over the victim to an official of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, who promised to call his colleagues to evacuate him. “But to my surprise, when I came back to check, I saw that Oguntimehin was still on the road and was now dead. One of his two ATM cards, which I saw on him, was missing. I believed it had been stolen,” he said.
Punch Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment