y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: HOT TOPIC: HOW YOUNG IS TOO YOUNG TO DATE?

Thursday 2 January 2014

HOT TOPIC: HOW YOUNG IS TOO YOUNG TO DATE?

Things can get explosive when you start questioning a mother’s ability to parent. NeNe Leakes learned this the hard way in a recent episode of ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta.’ The reality star was having a conversation with fellow cast member Cynthia Bailey when the subject of dating came up. While Cynthia expressed her openness to letting her daughter, Noelle, go on a supervised date at 13-years-old, NeNe held to her belief that thirteen was too young to date. Bailey burst into tears and the fight, verbally, was on.
After the show aired, NeNe defended her side of the story telling blog readers that she was not judging Bailey but simply believed that thirteen was too young to date. “Cynthia is very clear on where I stand about teenage dating (13-year-old dating to be exact)! This was not Cynthia’s first time hearing me say that. In fact I have said it many times to her. I think it’s too young, and I won’t be changing my opinion EVER! Not for Cynthia, not for you, not for anybody,” wrote the star. Cynthia had a few words of her own telling Twitter fans, “Call it supervised or teenage play dates. Either way parents are involved. I have never been a 14 year old little boy but I have been a 14 year old little girl. There is no right way or wrong way to raise your child. Do what works for you and your child.” So what do you think? Is 13-years-old too young to date? What is an acceptable age for supervised and non-supervised dating? I say 20/21 but till then is a big N-O, i would tell them to read and o well in school. Waiting wont kill.
BCK

No comments:

Post a Comment